Welcome
Welcome to spanishhelp

ATTENTION! PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU SIGN UP!!!
WARNING: this site's legitimate sign-up process does NOT ask you for any personal information, such as phone numbers, ID numbers, or bank accounts! It only has 5 mandatory fields. Do not be fooled by malicious ads that may pose as this forum's signup page!! DO NOT GIVE YOUR CELL NUMBER OR ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

ATTENTION! PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU SIGN UP!!!
WARNING: this site's legitimate sign-up process does NOT ask you for any personal information, such as phone numbers, ID numbers, or bank accounts! It only has 5 mandatory fields. Do not be fooled by malicious ads that may pose as this forum's signup page!! DO NOT GIVE YOUR CELL NUMBER OR ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION!

MALWARE WARNING! Avoid wachalol.com - beautieshealth.com!!!

Forum rules
About Questions and Feedback - Sobre Preguntas y Comentarios

This is a place to ask questions about how to do and find things on SpanishHelp. Please give us feedback!
Note: This is not a discussion area, so users may not comment other user's posts without a moderator's approval.
Aquí puedes hacer preguntas sobre qué hacer y cómo encontrar cosas en SpanishHelp. ¡Escríbenos tus comentarios!
Nota: Esta no es un área de discusiones, por lo que los usuarios no pueden comentar publicaciones de otros usuarios sin aprobación de un moderador.

Rules:
*Keep the language family-friendly. No profane, lewd, or obscene language or photos.
*Please use correct capitalization, grammar, spelling, and punctuation. We are a language site.
*Be detailed. Include the topic clearly in the title. Provide context for the question.
*Be nice. Treat everyone on the forum with respect
*Harassment will not be tolerated. Anyone who persists in harassing a member after one warning will be permanently banned from this forum.
Click here to read the full Rules and Policies Text

MALWARE WARNING! Avoid wachalol.com - beautieshealth.com!!!

Postby Gekkosan » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:42 am

One of our moderators reported this morning that when she tried to open the http://spanishhelp.freeforums.org/english-word-of-the-day-admire-v-t1044.html thread, her browser showed her a malware warning.

"Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
spanishhelp.freeforums.org contains content from wachalol.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site."

Guillermo identified as the source an image that Coffeelate had posted (don't feel bad, Coffee, we're sure you didn't know!).
Please when you post a picture, make sure that it does not come from watchalol.com, and that the words "watchalol.com" do not appear anywhere in the link you are sharing.

If at any time you see any malware warnings while browsing the forum, please send the admins or moderators a PM immediately!!

Thank you,

Today we found out that some images from beautieshealth.com are also triggering the warning. Please avoid using those sites as sources for your images!

[timedate][/timedate]

Gekkosan SGPBR

Gekkosan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Have thanks: 4585 time
native_language: Spanish / Español
English Proficiency: 4
Spanish Proficiency: 4

Re: MALWARE WARNING! Please notify if you see this!!!

Postby Guillermo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:45 am

It's the picture from Cofeelate's post. It's from a suspicious web site. I'm going to edit the post and remove it.
I'm sorry Coffeelate. Yo can add another picture if you want.
"El que se va sin que lo echen, vuelve sin que lo llamen."

Guillermo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Have thanks: 508 time
native_language: Spanish

Re: MALWARE WARNING! Avoid wachalol.com!!!

Postby Coffeelate » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:56 pm

Thank you so much :!:
This information is very important for me.
I don't want to use a suspicious web site at the picture of the day thread! :roll:
Coffeelate
Royalty
Royalty

Have thanks: 8357 time
English Proficiency: 2

Postby porcupine7 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:42 am

The same happens with me now. I cannot open the spanish word of the day " la trampa" because a malware warning
comes all the time.
porcupine7
Shogun
Shogun

Have thanks: 18235 time
native_language: hungarian
English Proficiency: 3
Spanish Proficiency: 2

Postby cogumela » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:50 am

Porcu, it should be fixed now. It was Jennyo's picture from beautieshealth.com that was causing trouble.
I deleted it, so it should work properly now
Qué corta es la vida, y qué largos los días
cogumela
Knight
Knight

Have thanks: 1467 time
English Proficiency: 2

Re: MALWARE WARNING! Avoid wachalol.com - beautieshealth.com

Postby porcupine7 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:11 am

Gracias Cogumela
porcupine7
Shogun
Shogun

Have thanks: 18235 time
native_language: hungarian
English Proficiency: 3

Postby stadt » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:34 pm

So as some people may know, I have had difficulty accessing certain threads on this forum starting sometime late last week, from one of my worksites only.
Most threads are no issue; the others either don’t load, or partially load and then get stuck- every once in a while they will let me in so it is not completely consistent. I started a thread on this and we came to the conclusion it was due to my local work network- I have problems on any computer here and not at my other work sites or at home.
I noticed that when I get a partial load it always sticks at a Jennyo45 post before the picture. (see the example in my original post of the screen shot). So I went to her profile to see if the threads I cannot access match the ones she has posted on, and I cannot load her profile. I tried several other profiles and no problem getting into them.
So all the evidence seems to indicate to me that the issue may somehow be related to that initial malware (It was a thread that I accessed here) and I wonder if my local network has somehow blacklisted her (and it would seem to be her specifically and not this site in general).
I have no idea whether this leads to anything that could be done; I know our IT people are busy rolling out an entirely new system slowly over this year (my particular site was on schedule for July and it is now pushed to September) and there is no way they would do anything right now to help with something that is not related to my performance of my job.
But I relate it anyway, in case it sparks any ideas for any simple fixes I could accomplish myself amongst all our computer whizzes.

Edit to add: It seems Cogumela may have deleted another photo that is letting me get into todays threads, anyway, whatever happended, I am gratefully for being able to temporarily get back in get them updated. :) Stadt

Nope, it was temporary, but it was the longest reprieve I have had yet- I am now back locked out. :cry: Stadt

Long term followup- A couple of weeks on vacation and not accessing from work, and it is back to normal.Stadt
Last edited by stadt on Thu May 31, 2012 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I welcome corrections to my Spanish attempts at all times, whether or not the thread is intended for such
stadt
Royalty
Royalty

Have thanks: 3182 time
native_language: Inglés de los Estados Unidos

Postby MaryMcC » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:30 pm

I tried to access the thread on SD that Heidita highlighted here http://spanishhelp.freeforums.org/post11453.html#p11453 and got a malware warning about a link that had been posted on there from 123greetings.com.

Just keep an eye on those links and make sure you have good protection on your PC.

Mary, I don't know what link you mean. Are you referring to the link on SD? I can access to the post you linked with no problems- cogumela

Sorry Cogu, I've only just noticed your comment, it was a link to a photo from 123greetings.com that was on the SD thread, Martha removed it eventually. MaryMcC
Corrige mi español, y mi inglés, por favor :)

MaryMcC has been thanked by:
MaryMcC
Royalty
Royalty

Have thanks: 4380 time
native_language: English
Spanish Proficiency: 1

Postby LORDSHY » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:33 pm

Spoiler:
Thank you so much for the information