Welcome
Welcome to spanishhelp

ATTENTION! PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU SIGN UP!!!
WARNING: this site's legitimate sign-up process does NOT ask you for any personal information, such as phone numbers, ID numbers, or bank accounts! It only has 5 mandatory fields. Do not be fooled by malicious ads that may pose as this forum's signup page!! DO NOT GIVE YOUR CELL NUMBER OR ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

ATTENTION! PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU SIGN UP!!!
WARNING: this site's legitimate sign-up process does NOT ask you for any personal information, such as phone numbers, ID numbers, or bank accounts! It only has 5 mandatory fields. Do not be fooled by malicious ads that may pose as this forum's signup page!! DO NOT GIVE YOUR CELL NUMBER OR ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION!

Thanks everybody, we have reached our goal! :)

Forum rules
About Questions and Feedback - Sobre Preguntas y Comentarios

This is a place to ask questions about how to do and find things on SpanishHelp. Please give us feedback!
Note: This is not a discussion area, so users may not comment other user's posts without a moderator's approval.
Aquí puedes hacer preguntas sobre qué hacer y cómo encontrar cosas en SpanishHelp. ¡Escríbenos tus comentarios!
Nota: Esta no es un área de discusiones, por lo que los usuarios no pueden comentar publicaciones de otros usuarios sin aprobación de un moderador.

Rules:
*Keep the language family-friendly. No profane, lewd, or obscene language or photos.
*Please use correct capitalization, grammar, spelling, and punctuation. We are a language site.
*Be detailed. Include the topic clearly in the title. Provide context for the question.
*Be nice. Treat everyone on the forum with respect
*Harassment will not be tolerated. Anyone who persists in harassing a member after one warning will be permanently banned from this forum.
Click here to read the full Rules and Policies Text

Thanks everybody, we have reached our goal! :)

Postby Guillermo » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:35 pm

Along with our first anniversary, the time is coming to pay the bill to keep enjoying the reputation and thank you features. Last year we got some money from members who payed for VIP status. That is not the best way to do it, because we only get a portion of that money, and the rest goes to Freeforums.

I'm implementing a "Donate" button to be used for those who want to contribute. The goal is to get $ 80 to keep all what we have now (no adds, no Freeforums banner and the reputation and thanks features).

The payment is due on April 9th. If we don't get enough, the donations will be refunded and we will lose the mentioned benefits, but I'm hoping it does not get to that.

"El que se va sin que lo echen, vuelve sin que lo llamen."

Guillermo has been thanked by:
Guillermo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Have thanks: 508 time
native_language: Spanish
English Proficiency: 4
Spanish Proficiency: 4

Re: Time to pay the bill is approaching: Please donate!!

Postby Guillermo » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:48 pm

Our first contributor is Quentin (Qfreed). He did it before posting this thread at the time I was asking him abouth opening this thread. I've added $10 too. So we are $60 away from our goal.

Thanks to Alejandro Araujo, Mary McCarthy and Andrew Hall. We are closer to our goal!

Guillermo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 4annie » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:59 pm

He hecho una poquito donación Guillermo. Espero que se funciona :(

Considero que es una buena inversión en mi (español) futuro ;)
4annie

4annie has been thanked by:
4annie
Veteran
Veteran

Have thanks: 652 time
native_language: English
Spanish Proficiency: 2

Postby Yesero (Gary) » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:11 pm

A small price to pay for what we are recieving here. I doubt we will not make the goal.
Please feel free to make any corrections to my posts in Spanish or even in my English. No one is perfect.

Yesero (Gary) has been thanked by:
Yesero (Gary)
Royalty
Royalty

Have thanks: 5701 time
Spanish Proficiency: 1

Postby Jasmin » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:09 am

I'm not worried about us reaching the goal, I wonder what would happen if we exceed the goal, for instance, will they make SH response time faster?

Jasmin has been thanked by:
Jasmin
Royalty
Royalty

Have thanks: 4896 time

Postby Gekkosan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:37 am

Jasmin wrote:I'm not worried about us reaching the goal, I wonder what would happen if we exceed the goal, for instance, will they make SH response time faster?

No. There really isn't a whole lot more we can do to improve this Forum any more, unless we really had considerably more money available, along the lines of a monthly or yearly membership fee. Past experience indicates that such a scheme is unlikely to succeed.

Once the goal is reached, I expect Guillermo will simply ask to stop the donations. If there is money left over, it can be saved for the next bill - although as far as I'm concerned, I think we all owe Guillermo at least a nice bottle of wine for his troubles, and for keeping a "home" for us all.

Gekkosan SGPBR

Gekkosan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Have thanks: 4585 time
native_language: Spanish / Español

Postby Yesero (Gary) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:11 am

Gekkosan wrote: although as far as I'm concerned, I think we all owe Guillermo at least a nice bottle of wine for his troubles, and for keeping a "home" for us all.

I'll drink to that!! Image
Please feel free to make any corrections to my posts in Spanish or even in my English. No one is perfect.

Yesero (Gary) has been thanked by:
Yesero (Gary)
Royalty
Royalty

Have thanks: 5701 time
Spanish Proficiency: 1

Postby Patch » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:58 pm

Gekkosan wrote:although as far as I'm concerned, I think we all owe Guillermo at least a nice bottle of wine for his troubles, and for keeping a "home" for us all.

Hear hear!
Ey up mi duck!

Patch has been thanked by:
Patch
Veteran
Veteran

Have thanks: 947 time
native_language: English (British)

Postby Guillermo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:31 pm

We have exceeded our goal at this time. Thanks to our contributors:

Quentin Freed
Alejandro Araujo
Mary McCarthy
Andrew Hall
Gary Thuillier
Kenneth Richards
Anne Sherwood
Hamilton H.
Patrick Jackson
Guillermo Suar (yes, me)

Fell free to edit the list to add the member's name. I cannot match all names right now. My lunch break is almost over.

I will just issue a partial refund to every contributor based on the percentage of the excess. I believe Paypal allows that. Our goal was $80, and we have raised $116, so if Paypal lets me do it, everybody on the list will get approximately 30% of their money back. I'm removing the donate button at this time.

Guillermo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Thanks everybody, we have reached our goal! :)

Postby RabbitWho » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:09 am

That's really great :sol

I wouldn't mind having ads at all, in fact I'd be happy to have them because it would be a way for me to support the forum.. But I'd really miss the thanks and reputation buttons.

Thank you so much to everyone that donated on behalf of myself - who didn't donate and feels very guilty :(

RabbitWho has been thanked by:
RabbitWho
Royalty
Royalty

Have thanks: 2008 time
native_language: English as spoken in Ireland
Spanish Proficiency: 3

Postby Gekkosan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:59 am

RabbitWho wrote:That's really great :sol

I wouldn't mind having ads at all, in fact I'd be happy to have them because it would be a way for me to support the forum.. But I'd really miss the thanks and reputation buttons.

Thank you so much to everyone that donated on behalf of myself - who didn't donate and feels very guilty :(

No need to feel guilty at all, Rabbit.
The first time around, when Guillermo was first able to purchase the upgrade, a small number of members quite selflessly volunteered to buy the VIP membership.

Nobody asked them to, and we in fact do not encourage our members to do it, as the benefits are minimal, the the amount of money that actually ends up with the Forum is negligible - but at that time it was enough that Guillermo collected sufficient money to buy the upgrade.

We will have to renew again next year - so you'll have your chance to donate then.

On the other hand, if you feel an irresistible need to unload large amounts of cash and just can't find anyone to share your riches with, talk to me and I'm sure I can come up with a way to help you with that. :mrgreen:

Gekkosan SGPBR

Gekkosan has been thanked by:
Gekkosan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Have thanks: 4585 time
native_language: Spanish / Español

Postby Guillermo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:17 am

I wouldn't mind having ads at all, in fact I'd be happy to have them because it would be a way for me to support the forum...

The problem is we won't be seeing a penny. You will only be supporting Freeforums.org (we are doing that paying the upgrade anyway).
Guillermo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Questions and Feedback / Preguntas y Comentarios