Welcome
Welcome to spanishhelp

ATTENTION! PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU SIGN UP!!!
WARNING: this site's legitimate sign-up process does NOT ask you for any personal information, such as phone numbers, ID numbers, or bank accounts! It only has 5 mandatory fields. Do not be fooled by malicious ads that may pose as this forum's signup page!! DO NOT GIVE YOUR CELL NUMBER OR ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

ATTENTION! PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU SIGN UP!!!
WARNING: this site's legitimate sign-up process does NOT ask you for any personal information, such as phone numbers, ID numbers, or bank accounts! It only has 5 mandatory fields. Do not be fooled by malicious ads that may pose as this forum's signup page!! DO NOT GIVE YOUR CELL NUMBER OR ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION!

Postby Guillermo » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:13 am

Several members were kind enough to pay for VIP memberships in the past.

Due to this, we had some money we could use to enhance the forum.

You will notice that we can vote and add reputation to our members now. This is accomplished through the "+" and "-" signs on the left side of the posts, at the bottom of the poster's profile.

There is a daily limit of 10 votes we can use. A minimum of 10 posts is needed in order to use this feature.
The user will receive a PM every time he gets a vote. This notification can be disabled via the Control Panel.

We will be adjusting all this as we go.
"El que se va sin que lo echen, vuelve sin que lo llamen."

Guillermo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Have thanks: 505 time
native_language: Spanish
English Proficiency: 4
Spanish Proficiency: 4

Re: Reputation

Postby cogumela » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:29 am

:smirk:

:thup: Guillermo. How and when should we use this feature? What's the difference with the thanks buttom?

I am a bit puzzled at the moment because you go onto a page when you can send a sort of "private message" to the member you voted. It's not anonymous. I think it's a good idea, though.
Qué corta es la vida, y qué largos los días

cogumela has been thanked by:
cogumela
Knight
Knight

Have thanks: 1467 time
English Proficiency: 2

Postby Pesta » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:56 am

Thanks for the explanation. I was puzzled by the mysterious PM I got today. :)

I'm not sure how we may use this, though. It's not like SD, where reputation levels triggered badges.

I got used to the "thanks" system here... I don't prefer anonymous praise.

Pesta has been thanked by:
Pesta
Mod
Mod

Have thanks: 14301 time
native_language: English
Spanish Proficiency: 2

Postby Guillermo » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:13 am

This is new for me also.

It's not anonymous. If you click in "reputation", below the member's post count, you can see every vote the member has received and who voted for him. A comment can be added if you want to say why you voted. You can't do this with the thank.

Let's give this a try. If it's not useful we can remove it in the future.
"El que se va sin que lo echen, vuelve sin que lo llamen."

Guillermo has been thanked by:
Guillermo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Have thanks: 505 time

Postby Gekkosan » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:58 pm

Reasons for voting:
You simply vote for those posts you like, and place a negative vote when you believe that a post is so bad that the person's reputation should be lowered. We're still evaluating whether the negative votes will remain or not.

Gekkosan SGPBR

Gekkosan has been thanked by:
Gekkosan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Have thanks: 4585 time
native_language: Spanish / Español

Postby Pesta » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:41 pm

Guillermo wrote:This is new for me also.

It's not anonymous. If you click in "reputation", below the member's post count, you can see every vote the member has received and who voted for him. A comment can be added if you want to say why you voted. You can't do this with the thank.

Let's give this a try. If it's not useful we can remove it in the future.

I can only click on my own "reputation". Others' reputation I cannot click; there's no hyperlink.
If I edit the reputation url to refer to someone else's ID, it returns "Sorry, but you are not allowed to see reputation of this user."

Therefore, it's anonymous to the rest of the world, anyway. I assume this can be changed. From your remarks, it appears as though it was supposed to be open for all to see anybody's profile reputation history and remarks -- it just doesn't work that way right now.

The "Thanks" feature certainly does not summarize the thanks history in one place. It's not anonymous, but if there are more than three thanks on a post, you have to click the "more" link to see the list. Therefore, alphabetically early users (like "ajaks" or "aelborady" will always appear conspicuously, while we at the tail of the alphabet are generally not easily visible).

Pesta has been thanked by:
Pesta
Mod
Mod

Have thanks: 14301 time

Postby Nicole » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:28 pm

I am just noticing this feature!! Thank you so much for adding it. But more importantly, thank you to those who have contributed financially to this forum!!!!

Nicole has been thanked by:
Nicole
Veteran
Veteran

Have thanks: 984 time

Postby Terri » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:11 am

I just wish the Reputation Comments could be made public.

I originally saw the Reputation as a way to give more general feedback to a user about their contributions to the forum as a whole.

A "Thanks" vote seems enough to let a member know I value a particular post.
Please edit my post to correct any errors or mistakes. [Por favor, edite mi post para corregir cualquier error de ortografía u otras equivocaciones.]

Terri has been thanked by:
Terri
Veteran
Veteran

Have thanks: 518 time

Postby Nicole » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:51 pm

I'm just curious, do you receive a PM when your reputation has been lowered for some reason? I can't remember for sure, but it seems that my rep has gone down in the past 24 hours. The numbers don't matter. However, I would like to know if I have answered something incorrectly, or basically for what reason it was lowered.

Thanks!

Nicole has been thanked by:
Nicole
Veteran
Veteran

Have thanks: 984 time

Return to Announcements / Anuncios